× Discuss about Upgrade, What are the pre-requesties, Scoping, Actual Upgrade, Upgrade Testing, Technical Testing, Functional Testing, Local code conversion, Core upgrade, Local upgrade, etc…

Regarding using "cd" command in the routine using EXECUTE command

• ninetailfox
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 4 months ago #22409 by ninetailfox
Hi folks!

I need to navigate to other directory in admist of a program, so I used EXECUTE command followed by the path in quotes. But the directory is not changed and remains in the default path bnk.run. Please help me to sort this situation. Forgive me if I did something silly. I am fresher to T24. Thanks in advance.

By the By I am using it in a unix environment.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• VK
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Globus|G09-G13 TAFC|R05-R23 TAFJ|R19,R23-test
More
4 years 4 months ago #22411 by VK
Hi
EXECUTE is performed in the separate context; after it finishes all comes back to "normal".

Generally it's a VERY bad idea to change the current folder since there can be settings that use a relative path. If you need to execute non-T24 program in another folder, put "cd" and program run command to a shell script. Then you can EXECUTE that script.

Cheers
VK
The following user(s) said Thank You: ninetailfox

• ninetailfox
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 4 months ago #22415 by ninetailfox
Hi VK,
I think I need to explain my issue in a detailed manner. I need to untar a file in a specific folder through a routine. For that I used Execute command inside the program stating cd (The required directory). This part of the code doesn't work. Sorry if I mistook the answer given by you. Please help me to sort out this situation.

• VK
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Globus|G09-G13 TAFC|R05-R23 TAFJ|R19,R23-test
More
4 years 4 months ago #22417 by VK
Hi
as I wrote earlier, I'd suggest to EXECUTE not the tar executable but a shell script where you change the current directory and 'untar' the archive.

Cheers
VK

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds