Actual Settlement Vs Contractual Settlement.

• siva
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 6 months ago #9201 by siva
I confused with which is Actual settlement and Cotractual settlement . So please anybody could clarify on this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jpb
  • TAFj-R20 - 'unix'
More
12 years 6 months ago #9202 by jpb
Please see UserGuide "Securities Trading", the explanation is OK :

Actual and Contractual Settlement
Currently when a securities transaction is authorised on T24 the accounting and security positions related to that transaction are updated immediately. This is known as contractual settlement, i.e. when the contract is completed settlement can be assumed. But now there is provision for both contractual and actual settlement for securities transactions. In the actual settlement scenario the security positions relating to the transaction are updated in the normal way but there are new fields added which hold total unsettled purchases and sales and these are updated when the stock is delivered. The accounting is not updated until the cash had been paid.
The following user(s) said Thank You: siva

• siva
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 6 months ago #9203 by siva
Many thanks JPB .

More
12 years 6 months ago #9217 by kda
Hi,

could u explain me some on flow between T24 and security, if possible pls tell me how to configure and some service should active?

Thanks

More
12 years 5 months ago #9315 by c.santul
Hi The Securities module uses the following applications:
1. SEC.OPEN.ORDER - T24 user can create multiple orders for securities on behalf of T24 customer.

At this time the quote from the Broker is requested, once the quote is obtained T24 user has to manually chose the field DEAL.STATUS EQ TRANSMITTED (done automatically if SWIFT is configured) or DEAL.STATUS EQ TRADED (if the T24 Bank holds the securities, in this case jump to 3)

2. SC.EXE.SEC.ORDERS - On Auth of SEC.OPEN.ORDER this record is automatically created in Hold status. Once the Confirmation on the quote is received, the T24 user confirms the quote with nominals to Broker via this appl (@ID is the SEC.OPEN.ORDER id).

User can also change the Nominal amount during the confirmation eg. SEC.OPEN.ORDER was placed for 1000 Nominals, and the user confirms only 400 Nominals in SC.EXE.SEC.ORDERS then on Authorization current record will go to history and another record (in HOLD) will be created in SC.EXE.SEC.ORDERS with Nominals as 600 if the remainder order is not cancelled.

Once the SC.EXE.SEC.ORDERS is authorised the SEC.TRADE record (with xxxx new @ID) will be created in IHLD status. (done automatically if SWIFT is configured)

3. SEC.TRADE - once the SEC.TRADE record is authorised the settlement will be done based on the setup in SC.PARAMETER (contractual / actual)

4. The security position will be updated only when the SETTLEMENT record is updated for the SEC.TRADE

To manually do the settlement user can input and authorise the relavent record in SC.SETTLEMENT

More
12 years 5 months ago #9329 by DUBLIN
Well, few "little" things are missing in the above post ;) :

1. SECURITY.MASTER , where you "define" your a security
2. SEC.ACC.MASTER - to define security porfolio
and more more else ! Also, process itself is much more complicated then it looks !

More
12 years 4 months ago #9692 by Hammered
Not to mention Corporate Actions, Withholding tax, CGT, EUSD, SBL, Repo ......

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #9696 by kabirhussainy
Replied by kabirhussainy on topic Re: Actual Settlement Vs Contractual Settlement.
Hi, is this feature available in R7. I mean booking in one date and actual settlement in future date.
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by kabirhussainy.

• siva
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 4 months ago #9697 by siva
As per the R08 user guide

Parameter Level
Actual settlement can be switched on by setting the ACTUAL.SETTLEMENT field on the SC.PARAMETER file to ‘YES’. If the ACTUAL.SETTLEMENT field on SC.PARAMETER is left blank or set to ‘NO’ you will then continue to use contractual settlement as with previous releases.

So Actual settlemnt is not available for R07.

(Note: Ayway confirm the absence of field ACTUAL.SETTLEMENT in SC.PARAMETER in your R07 release.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: kabirhussainy

More
12 years 4 months ago #9731 by kabirhussainy
Replied by kabirhussainy on topic Re: Actual Settlement Vs Contractual Settlement.
Thanks for the update.

We do have ACTUAL.SETTLEMENT field in R7. In our area we have the value NO. I just want some more information if someone can give time and provide.

1-If I update ACTUAL.SETTLEMENT YES now, will it disturb the current settlement process.
2-Can we parameterize actual settlement date for different portfolios, like for deals of portfolio A, it should settle after 2 working days and for deals of portfolio B, it should settle after 7 days. Can we parameterize such setup or do we have to manage settlement date for each individual deal.

Regards
Kabir

• jpb
  • TAFj-R20 - 'unix'
More
12 years 4 months ago #9740 by jpb
Dear Kabir
1. changing from contractual to actual shoild only have impact on future transactions
2. I think settlement date is defaulted to VALUE.DATE of the transaction, and this is hooked to the tradeplace i.e. stock exchange, not to the counterparty.

Have you read the User Guides "Securities Trading" and "STP" ???

• siva
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 4 months ago #9789 by siva
Hi kabirhussainy,

Yes jbp is right . The settlement is based on the date which is provided in the field VALUE.DATE . It's defaulted from no.of settlement days from STOCK.EXCHANGE table. Anyway you can change the VALUE.DATE by manually or by routines based on portfolio or whatever. The parametrization of settlement based on portfolio is not available.

More
12 years 4 months ago #9791 by kabirhussainy
Thanks Siva and JPB.

Regards
Kabir

• Shariq_iba@yahoo.com
More
7 years 5 months ago #20488 by Shariq_iba@yahoo.com
Replied by Shariq_iba@yahoo.com on topic Actual Settlement Vs Contractual Settlement.
Hi.
Can anyone tell me that
1. How a security portfolio's Book Value is calculated In SC.TRADING.POSITION.HIS in its V.DATED.COST.OF.POS field.

2. Is SC.TRADING.POSITION is same as SC.TRADING.POSITION.HIS ? I.e if i want to know today Book value of the portfolio, so can i use SC.TRADING.POSITION.

REGARDS.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds