× Discuss on Template programming, jBASE programming, Enquiries, No-File enquiry, Enquiry routines, Version, Version routines, Menus, Abbriviations, Creating local reference fields, Fast path enquiries, Creating charts and graphs, Generating Reports, Deal slips, Straight through processing, Multi Company and Multi Book setup, Tabbed screens, Composite Screens, T24 API, etc...

Passing common variable from OFS through pgm file

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #24120 by Fk
I have an enquiry for an OFS and I HV passed the R.user in my OFS.now I want to get the same R user in my PGM file.how can this be achieved.in the OFS enquiry  have created the field User in the SS ,then I created a variable in which em getting the R.user and pass it in OFS message also used the locate in my  OFs routine but the question is I can't create a field just that I did in SS for pgm file and how to get the user now in PGM file

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• silvergem
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • TAFC|R12/R13, TAFJ|R20
More
10 months 2 weeks ago #24122 by silvergem
1. To the get the current user logged-in you can use the common variable OPERATOR
2. To create a variable accesible by currently user logged-in, you can use the function

CALL System.getVariable(variableName)
CALL System.setVariable(variableName, variableValue)
CALL System.deleteVariable(variableName)

All this function access the table EB.USER.CONTEXT. This can also access the Current variables (E.g. !CURRENT.DEBIT.ACCT.NO , !TODAY) created by enquiry
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hassen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds