What is EB.API? Why we need this?

• New Bee
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #17365 by New Bee
What is EB.API? Why we need this? was created by New Bee
Dear All,
I have no idea about EB.API, but Every time I write a subroutine I had to create a EB.API . Would you people tell me what is the purpose of EB.API?
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by New Bee. Reason: My questions seems kind of rude

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• armin
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • “So long - and thanks for all the fish!”
More
8 years 10 months ago #17366 by armin
Replied by armin on topic What is EB.API? Why we need this?
I believe EB.API is mainly used to declare if a subroutine is a BASIC or JAVA executable to let T24 know how to call the routine if attached somewhere (i.e. doing a CALL or CALLJ).

using R11 on Unix
The following user(s) said Thank You: New Bee

More
8 years 10 months ago #17368 by kripesh
Replied by kripesh on topic What is EB.API? Why we need this?
Usually in T24 when you write a Subroutine and want to attach it into your Version( Eg. Input / Authorisation / Validation ...) you had to create an entry for that subroutine in the PGM.FILE table. This is how T24 validated the name of the subroutine. In the newer releases of T24 when it supported Java code, the PGM.FILE did not have a field to tell if the Code written is a Java Code or a jBASE Basic Code. To cater to this they created this EB.API where they had a field to specify if the code written is a Basic / Java Code. It is now made mandatory that all subroutines written for VERSIONs in T24 to have an entry in EB.API table. This is one of the reason why we have a EB.API table

Have a great day !
The following user(s) said Thank You: phucmu, New Bee

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds