× Discuss on porting data from legacy systems to T24. Data mapping, Data Migration tool, Extract Statergy, Writing runbook, Cut-over, Migrate static and Financial data, Balance transfer, Technical and Functional reconciliation, etc…

DM TOOL- DATA MAPPING DEFINITION -Doubt

• madhump
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 10 months ago #5216 by madhump
Hi,

All ,

i have a Doubt in DM Tool, i 'm uploading data from the Legacy system to T24 .. Customer Table.. for that i have define the DATA.MAPPING.DEFINITION .. and also DSC(Data Service Control) .... but my requirement is ...

example: input file : customer.csv
in this data is in follwoing format :

Clientcode,NAME,NAME1,SHORTNAME,SECTOR
0000001,ABC,ABCD,ABC,1000

For this kind of the legacy data .. i have mapped the record in the DMD 's field .. ID.TYPE TO DATA...... after making this field as DATA , then i defined.... position no .. for each field.... it is .ok.. if the no of records are more then no of characters in the fields will be different and automatically position no will be differences ... so how to solve this problem..
any one knows how to make use of DATA option in ID.TYPE -field please have look on this ... and provide me a solution

thanks & regards
Madhu

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #5220 by vani
Hi All

If anyone having documentation related to DM tool, please do save in downloads.I am interested to learn on this tool. Thanks.

More
13 years 9 months ago #5315 by AlexSave
Replied by AlexSave on topic Re:DM TOOL- DATA MAPPING DEFINITION -Doubt
Hi,
I would advice you use old good TAKEOVER.MAPPING, EBS.AUTO.FUNCTION if it's applicable in your case of course.

More
13 years 9 months ago #5323 by shanthi
Replied by shanthi on topic Re:DM TOOL- DATA MAPPING DEFINITION -Doubt
Madhu,

You may want to process your file and standardize the data to suit your DM Module definition.

Rest should be simple.

Shanthi

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds