× Discuss about Upgrade, What are the pre-requesties, Scoping, Actual Upgrade, Upgrade Testing, Technical Testing, Functional Testing, Local code conversion, Core upgrade, Local upgrade, etc…

Qery regarding Upgrade

• richard
  • richard's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
9 years 9 months ago #16121 by richard
Qery regarding Upgrade was created by richard
Hi ALL,

Can anyone please help me get the answers for the below points.

1.What Is an Upgrade?
2.Why Upgrade is required?
3.What are the significance of Upgrade?
4.What are the drawbacks of Upgrade(If any)?
5.What are the Pros and cons of Upgrade?

In terms of T24 ....

I have a runbook and all but still I couldn't found solution for this points....

Thanks in Advance...

Best Regards,

Think green – keep this on the screen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 9 months ago #16122 by kripesh
Replied by kripesh on topic Qery regarding Upgrade
1) Upgrading is the process of replacing a product with a newer version of the same product. In computing and consumer electronics an upgrade is generally a replacement of hardware, software or firmware with a newer or better version, in order to bring the system up to date or to improve its characteristics. - Courtesy Wiki.

In T24 Terms it could be a moving from one lower Release of T24 to a higher Release... Eg. R08 to R12.

Pros could be you are in line with the Market trends with the software T24 you are using. Eg. Mobile Banking, Internet Banking, Cloud Architecture etc which were not available in older releases of T24 and is in much demand these days.

Cons could be something like your product vendor would not support older releases at some point of time. So you would be forced to Upgrade whether you like it or not.

Have a great day !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.092 seconds