× Discuss about OFS, Temenos Connectors, Various OFS modes, OFS with Versions, OFS performance, Logging, EB.PHANTOM, OFS.SOURCE etc…

Using OFS String to send data into multiple Versions

• OmgOfs
  • Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0

OmgOfs created the topic: Using OFS String to send data into multiple Versions

Hi,

I am completely new to T24 and OFS. I am trying to us the tSS method to enter OFS Strings.

I am entering the following string:
CUSTOMER,EXAMPLE.CORP/I/PROCESS//0,<USER>/<PASS>,,NAME.1:1:1=Robinson Company,MNEMONIC:1:1=E197005 <MORE FIELDS...>

I get a response (<> marks data I have hidden):
<ID HERE>/<TIMESTAMP DATA HERE>/-1/NO,Please click customer tax info link in tax tab

I know from the T24 GUI that I must enter data into VERSION <X>.CUSTOMER.TAX.INFO,CUSTOMER.TAX using OFS:
<x>.CUSTOMER.TAX.INFO,CUSTOMER.TAX/I/PROCESS,<USER>/<PASS>//,<ID FROM FIRST OFS STRING>,INCOME.INV.DIV:1:1=NO,INCOME.ASSETS:1:1=NO,BAO.CRM.VALUES:1:1=2016,BAO.CRM.VALUES:2:1=Limited Company

Basically I need to find a way to run the two strings at the same time as String 1 gives an error saying I need to enter the data in String 2. I cannot run String 2 first because I need to include the ID from the CORP record created by String 1.

Is there a way to run them both at the same time? How can I avoid the validation error about the missing Tax info?

I sadly cannot change the configuration of the T24 instance.

Is there any documentation on the OFS format that I can use as a reference?

Thanks you!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• VK
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • TAFC|R13|R19|R20
  • Thank you received: 110

VK replied the topic: Using OFS String to send data into multiple Versions

Hi
you can enclose OFS messages to start/finish tags, like: <msg1>... </msg1><msg2>... </msg2>

... but you'll have to use dedicated customer ID instead of generating one dynamically.

All documentation is available at Temenos support site.

• Thank you received: 9

MasterL replied the topic: Using OFS String to send data into multiple Versions

I am wondering why you can't put the tax details as part of the initial request. Afterall, both string 1 and 2 are based on customer table.
T24 allows sending 2 OFS requests in one string. Just separate them with an underscore _ character. But as mentioned by VK, you need to provide the customer number in the second request so it wouldn't work anyway.

• Thank you received: 7

silvergem replied the topic: Using OFS String to send data into multiple Versions

Maybe you can use ofs.addlocalrequest when you're doing this on version level. You can also file a a TCSP request on temenos portal so they can assist you on your issue

Time to create page: 0.340 seconds