× Discuss on Template programming, jBASE programming, Enquiries, No-File enquiry, Enquiry routines, Version, Version routines, Menus, Abbriviations, Creating local reference fields, Fast path enquiries, Creating charts and graphs, Generating Reports, Deal slips, Straight through processing, Multi Company and Multi Book setup, Tabbed screens, Composite Screens, T24 API, etc...

Use of EB.ERROR?

• malai
  • malai's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
18 years 2 months ago #723 by malai
Use of EB.ERROR? was created by malai
Hi,

We all know there is a application called EB.ERROR which is used to raise generic error messages inside GLOBUS.

I tried the same in T24 on jBASE4.1 as follows.

1. I created a record 'AC-MY.ERROR' in EB.ERROR application with the description 'this is my error message for ac'.
2. I wrote a subroutine 'MY.SUB'

SUBROUTINE MY.SUB
$INSERT I_COMMON
$INSERT I_EQUATE
ETEXT = 'AC-MY.ERROR'
CALL STORE.END.ERROR
RETURN
END
3. I created a PGM.FILE with type M for the above subroutine.

While I execut the subroutine, I expect the error message 'this is my error message for ac' . But I didnt get the message. What could be the problem?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 1 month ago #724 by shenbasp2002
Replied by shenbasp2002 on topic Use of EB.ERROR?
Hi malai,

When we try to display the error message through EB.ERROR application, you should be literally in that application...

For example, in your case you have created EB.ERROR record for the ACCOUNT application and tried as a main line program... Please attach the routine in any version of the ACCOUNT application and check it out...

It works....

Regds,
Shenba

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.093 seconds