× Discuss on Template programming, jBASE programming, Enquiries, No-File enquiry, Enquiry routines, Version, Version routines, Menus, Abbriviations, Creating local reference fields, Fast path enquiries, Creating charts and graphs, Generating Reports, Deal slips, Straight through processing, Multi Company and Multi Book setup, Tabbed screens, Composite Screens, T24 API, etc...

Generating Account Numbers

More
17 years 10 months ago #180 by mks
Re: Generating Account Numbers was created by mks

Hello,

For creating a new company record, apart from doing some initial setups (available in the user guide),
CONSOLIDATION.MARK field should be set to 'N'.

Also, the branch code is a Mandatory input (SUB.DIVISION.CODE) .

The SUB.DIVISION.CODE is used for building the internal account number for inter-company accounting. This happens when Nostro Accounts are maintained in one company for use by other companies.

The internal account numbers's composition consists of the currency code from the Nostro account entry, the category code from the ACCOUNT.CLASS record INTERCO followed by the SUB.DIVISION.CODE.

This is done by the core routine INTERCO.ACCOUNTING.

Please correct me if my understanding is incorrect.

Thanks & Rgds,
Mks

Last edited by mks on Tue May 09, 2006 3:48 am; edited 1 time in total

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 10 months ago #179 by arun_m1981
Replied by arun_m1981 on topic Generating Account Numbers
I have some queries regarding account number generation on a multi company setup. In the multi company setup when generating account number does the system always require the branch code of the company as part of the account number, because when i try to generate the account number without the branch code the system is throwing an error, as INVALID ID FOR THE COMPANY, is there a way to generate sequential account numbers without having the branch code of the company as part of the account number, also avoiding duplication of account numbers from one company to another. any help appreciated.

thanks in advance

regards

arun

More
17 years 10 months ago #181 by arun_m1981
Replied by arun_m1981 on topic hi MKS
thanks for the reply. I got the problem solved by recreating the company again, thank for the information mks. that was very helpful. cheers

arun

More
17 years 10 months ago #182 by arun_m1981
Replied by arun_m1981 on topic hi mks
thanks, i have some clarification regarding the internal account on a multi-company setup,
i get a account number (internal) as USD156000001 for BNK, but in an another environment i get the account number as USD1560000010001 WHICH means the system is adding a sequence number at the end, i am not sure which one is correct can you advice/help on this.

thanks & regards

arun

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds