× Discuss on Template programming, jBASE programming, Enquiries, No-File enquiry, Enquiry routines, Version, Version routines, Menus, Abbriviations, Creating local reference fields, Fast path enquiries, Creating charts and graphs, Generating Reports, Deal slips, Straight through processing, Multi Company and Multi Book setup, Tabbed screens, Composite Screens, T24 API, etc...

Solved: OFS for Deleting AA Product Conditions Multivalue from AAA

• MasterL
  • MasterL's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
1 year 1 month ago - 1 year 1 month ago #24032 by MasterL
Anyone know a way to generate the OFS message to update a DRINTEREST record that has multivalued rates? (see attachment for sample)

The goal is to zerorize the interest rates for the arrangement. To do this, I need to overwrite the interest settings and clear the floating rate fields. 
Then populate the Fixed rate field with value 0.
This can be done manually but there are many accounts and I was wondering if there is a way to automate it by generating the OFS messages and running them under a service.
This is what I have (minus the version and login details). The OFS gets processed successfully, no errors but it doesn't change anything in the record.
ACTIVITY:1:1=ACCOUNTS-UPDATE-DRINTEREST,FIELD.NAME:1:1=FIXED.RATE,FIELD.NAME:1:2=MARGIN.OPER,FIELD.NAME:1:3=MARGIN.RATE,FIELD.NAME:1:4=FLOATING.INDEX,FIELD.NAME:1:5=MARGIN.TYPE,FIELD.NAME:1:6=TIER.AMOUNT,FIELD.VALUE:1:1=0,FIELD.VALUE:1:2="",FIELD.VALUE:1:3="",FIELD.VALUE:1:4="",FIELD.VALUE:1:5="",FIELD.VALUE:1:6=""
Attachments:
Last edit: 1 year 1 month ago by MasterL. Reason: Updating to solved, edited subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• VK
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Globus:G09-G13|TAFC:R05-R23|TAFJ:R19,R23:test
More
1 year 1 month ago #24033 by VK
Hi
shouldn't you use:
FIELD.VALUE:1:6=NULL

instead of:
FIELD.VALUE:1:6=""

?

Cheers
VK

• MasterL
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
1 year 1 month ago #24034 by MasterL
Replied by MasterL on topic Code to generate Arrangement Activity Update
Yes, though the "" works as well.

My challenge is how to get rid of the second multivalue set. Using the minus value keep throwing the "NO DELETION OF LAST SUB FIELD"

• VK
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
1 year 1 month ago #24037 by VK
Hi
you can use OFS "replace" option and pass the whole record as you want it. For example:
DL.DEFINE,/I/PROCESS,INPUTT/123456////1, ....

Cheers
VK

• MasterL
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
1 year 1 month ago #24040 by MasterL
Hi @VK,

The issue is that the update for an arrangement has to go through AA.ARRANGEMENT.ACTIVITY and the changes passed through FIELD.NAME and FIELD.VALUE fields. I don't have a way to edit the property record directly as far as I know

• MasterL
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
1 year 1 month ago #24041 by MasterL
Turns out I was passing the dash/minus character wrong:
FIELD.NAME:1:5=FLOATING.INDEX:2,FIELD.VALUE:1:5=-

This is wrong because the OFS was being acted on the AAA record instead of being passed as a character to the underlying property condition application (AA.ARR.INTEREST). Therefore T24 interprets it as deleting a FIELD.VALUE multivalue and throws the no deletion of sub field error.
The solution is to wrap the dash in double quotes. Again, using plain double quotes leads to the same results as above. Since quotes need to be passed along with the dash, and quotes are special OFS characters, we have to use the replacement character for quotes, which is pipe (|) to wrap the dash character.

So the OFS string that worked is this:
FIELD.NAME:1:1=FLOATING.INDEX::,FIELD.VALUE:1:1=NULL,FIELD.NAME:1:2=TIER.AMOUNT,FIELD.VALUE:1:2=NULL,FIELD.NAME:1:3=FIXED.RATE:1,FIELD.VALUE:1:3=0,FIELD.NAME:1:4=MARGIN.RATE,FIELD.VALUE:1:4=NULL,FIELD.NAME:1:5=FLOATING.INDEX:2,FIELD.VALUE:1:5=|-|

Something to note, probably unrelated, the OFS.SOURCE to use should have FIELD.VALIDATION set to YES.

Hope this helps anyone who might find themselves in the same spot.
The following user(s) said Thank You: VK

• VK
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
1 year 1 month ago #24042 by VK
Thanks for sharing the solution.

Cheers
VK

Time to create page: 0.127 seconds