× Discuss on Template programming, jBASE programming, Enquiries, No-File enquiry, Enquiry routines, Version, Version routines, Menus, Abbriviations, Creating local reference fields, Fast path enquiries, Creating charts and graphs, Generating Reports, Deal slips, Straight through processing, Multi Company and Multi Book setup, Tabbed screens, Composite Screens, T24 API, etc...

Doubt in Associative Versions

• Sairam
  • Topic Author
More
18 years 1 month ago #1098 by Sairam
Doubt in Associative Versions was created by Sairam
Hi Frenz,
I have a doubt in associated versions. I have a field called XX.OVERRIDE in my version FUNDS.TRANSFER,OTN. This version has got 3 associative versions such as FUNDS.TRANSFER,PAYMENT.DETAILS FUNDS.TRANSFER,AUDIT etc. The field XX.OVERRIDE is available in my FUNDS.TRANSFER,OTN version as well as in FUNDS.TRANSFER,AUDIT version.
If i just give one value for the field XX.OVERRIDE, the OFS will take that value for the FUNDS.TRANSFER,OTN version or FUNDS.TRANSFER,AUDIT version. As a user how will i know that this value is for this particular version only. Can someone explain me this.

With Smile,
Sairam.B

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 1 month ago #1099 by malai
Replied by malai on topic Doubt in Associative Versions
Hi Sairam,

What you are trying to say?

you have one main version FT,MAIN and 3 more associate version

FT,ASO1
FT,ASO2
FT,ASO3

1. And you have 1 field OVERRIDE in the mainversion and also in the associate version right?

2. Then you are forming the OFS string with a value for OVERRIDE.

3. Your question is now for which version this is applicable for?

If my above assumsion is right, here is the answer.

The OFS string which you are passing will consider only the main version. In your case OFS will consider only FT,OTN.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

• Sairam
  • Topic Author
More
18 years 1 month ago #1100 by Sairam
Replied by Sairam on topic Doubt in Associative Versions
Hi Malai,
Then how will i give input to the OVERRIDE field in my associated version.for eg. FT,AUDIT in my case.

More
18 years 1 month ago #1101 by malai
Could you post your OFS message here.

More
18 years 1 month ago #1102 by malai
Could you tell me whether OFS is supplying values for other fields in the associate version.

Meaning, you have FT,MAIN and FT,ASO1. FT,MAIN is having 10 fields and FT,ASO1 is having 5 fields. There are no common fields.

In this case could you confirm me whether OFS supplies values for all 15 fields by creating the message for FT,MAIN.

More
18 years 1 month ago #1103 by KingArthur
Replied by KingArthur on topic Doubt in Associative Versions
Hi,

Here are my few points.

1. OVERRIDE is a NOINPUT field. In OFS, you should not supply a value for a NOINPUT field.

2. OFS does not support for associate versions. It will consider only for the version given in the message.

3. If you want to do so, you need to create the message for the main application.

More
18 years 1 month ago #1104 by shenbasp2002
Replied by shenbasp2002 on topic Doubt in Associative Versions
Hi all,

To my knowledge, we can pass the values to any field specified in the associated version through OFS, provided if the field is an OPEN field...meaning INPUT field...

As per my understanding of the issue reported by Mr. Sriram, If we have associated versions which is having the same field which the main version has ...i.e in sriram's example if OVERRIDE field is defined both in
FUNDS.TRANSFER,OTN (main version) and FUNDS.TRANSFER,AUDIT( Associate version), this field will take the properties described in the main version and hence it is something that you have passed the value to main verison...i.e FUNDS.TRANSFER,OTN...

Moreover, OVERRIDE is an NOINPUT field... Please try with some other field of FUNDS.TRANSFER application....

Regds,
Shenba

More
18 years 1 month ago #1105 by malai
Welcome Shenba,

I agree for the above suggestion...

Keep posting...

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds