× Discuss about OFS, Temenos Connectors, Various OFS modes, OFS with Versions, OFS performance, Logging, EB.PHANTOM, OFS.SOURCE etc…

Syncronous OFS Processing

• MasterL
  • MasterL's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #21814 by MasterL
Syncronous OFS Processing was created by MasterL
What's Temenos' solution for realtime OFS message processing in local code?

In the Temenos docs, they sternly warn against using the likes of OFS.GLOBUS.MANAGER:

"Do not use OFS.GLOBUS.MANAGER, OFS.REQUEST.MANAGER or OFS.PROCESSOR.MANAGER directly. These routines are internal routines and do NOT form part of the T24 Public API (and transaction boundaries become corrupt if these routines are invoked directly). Instead, the routine OFS.POST.MESSAGE should be used."

My problem with OFS.POST.MESSAGE is that you will not get the response immediately. In fact you may not get the response. After the message is dumped on OFS.MESSAGE.QUEUE table that's it. You only get the ID of the request as a response. Yet in most times you want to use the full transaction response to do further processing, etc.

Secondly, most times you have to provide the username and password in cleartext when using OFS.POST.MESSAGE yet you don't have to with a routine like OFS.CALL.BULK MANAGER.

So, gurus, should I just ignore Temenos or is there a better way?
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by MasterL. Reason: Added the password angle

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• VK
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Globus:G09-G13|TAFC:R05-R23|TAFJ:R19,R23:test
More
5 years 9 months ago #21816 by VK
Replied by VK on topic Syncronous OFS Processing
Hi
Technically - OFS.GLOBUS.MANAGER can be safely used outside T24 transaction boundary. Temenos itself uses it in EB.DEV.HELPER.

Safely to use upon invokation of V function or in tSA service.

OFS.BULK.MANAGER also was widely tested and proved to work.

I'm not from Temenos so it's up to you to try it or stick to docs.

Cheers
VK

• MasterL
  • MasterL's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
5 years 9 months ago #21818 by MasterL
Replied by MasterL on topic Syncronous OFS Processing
Thanks VK. I will have to continue with OFS.BULK.MANAGER. That's the only way to meet some of the requirements. I've read about the new features to add new OFS requests to parent transaction at the version routine level. Not used it yet but it looks promising, though not exactly a replacement for OGM and such similar routines.

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds