× Discuss on T24 Installation, Setting up the environment, TC Server, jBOSS, Package & Deployment, etc…

Usage of DAS routines

• mohancute
  • mohancute's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #17767 by mohancute
Usage of DAS routines was created by mohancute
Hi all,
Can anyone explain the usage of DAS routine to select files? How they improve performance as they also do select using EB.READLIST? if there is any document on DAS design kindly fwd it to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jpb
  • TAFj-R20 - 'unix'
More
8 years 9 months ago #17768 by jpb
Replied by jpb on topic Usage of DAS routines
Creation and usage of DAS is described in "T24 Application Development". The advantage besides standardization is the caching of the results. As an alternative you can use a call to EB.QUERY.BUILDER with it's 12 parameters to dynamically create a select statement (the result will be chached also).

Step 5 – Creating the Data Access Service

Introduction

All queries (i.e. SELECT operations) that are performed against a table are consolidated into a Data Access Service (DAS) for the application. This centralises all query processing for a given table in one place and removes any query language from the code. Each query is expressed in a simple meta- query language (as per ENQUIRY) that defines the fields, operands, data and joins between criteria (AND / OR).

When executed, the meta-query language generates the specific query language depending on the target database (JQL, SQL, xQuery, etc.)

This approach allows control on the DAS routines and prevents poor queries being defined. Each query in the DAS is named and has a description, and the DAS itself allows discovery of the queries that are supported. There is also a facility to cache the results of static data.

The name of the DAS is DAS.MYAPPLICATION, where MYAPPLICATION is the name of the application, e.g. DAS.EB.LOOKUP

Defining the Queries

Each query definition has two parts – the name of the query and a description of the query.

The name of the query is a simple numeric equate and is stored in I_DAS.MYAPPLICATION:

EQU dasExamplesInterestSchedules TO 1

EQU dasExamplesTodaysSchedules TO 2

EQU dasExamplesDealsOfAType TO 3

EQU dasExamplesCustomerCurrency TO 4

Each query name must be equated to a unique integer, as this is the pointer used in the caching mechanism. The name of the query must be prefixed with DAS.MYAPPLICATION$, and then followed by a meaningful name.

The description of the query is held in I_DAS.MYAPPLICATION.NOTES, which should be created from the template I_DAS.TEMPLATE.NOTES as it must contain a dimensioned array for the cache and the notes.
COMMON/DAS.EXAMPLES/DAS$CACHE(100),DAS$NOTES(100)

*----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

DAS$NOTES(dasExamplesInterestSchedules) = 'All interest Schedules'

DAS$NOTES(dasExamplesTodaysSchedules) = 'All schedules with today’s date' 

DAS$NOTES(dasExamplesDealsOfAType) = 'All deals with the supplied DEAL.TYPE'

DAS$NOTES(dasExamplesCustomerCurrency) = 'Deal that have the supplied customer AND supplied currency'
Implementing the Queries

The implementation of each query is in the DAS subroutine itself. This must be created from the template DAS.TEMPLATE, and each query is an additional CASE statement based on MY.CMD, which holds the name of the query.

In addition to the queries defined specifically for the application, the generic query DAS$ALL.IDS is defined to return all the keys on the table. It is only necessary to include this query in the DAS if this list can be cached, i.e. the contents of the table are static at run time.
CASE MY.CMD = DAS$ALL.IDS ; * Standard to return all keys

ADD.TO.CACHE = 1

Simple queries define the fields, operands and the data to query. The data may be literals:
CASE MY.CMD = dasExamplesInterestSchedules;* All interest schedules

MY.FIELDS = 'SCHEDULE.TYPE' MY.OPERANDS = 'EQ'

MY.DATA = 'INTEREST'
Common variables:
CASE MY.CMD = dasExamplesTodaysSchedules;* All schedules due today

MY.FIELDS = 'SCHEDULE.DATE' MY.OPERANDS = 'EQ'

MY.DATA = TODAY
Or use variable criteria that is supplied when the DAS is invoked:
CASE MY.CMD = dasExamplesDealsOfAType ;* Contracts of a certain DEAL.TYPE 

MY.FIELDS = 'DEAL.TYPE'

MY.OPERANDS = 'EQ' 

MY.DATA = THE.ARGS
More complex queries are defined by adding fields to the arrays, and specifying the MY.JOINS array:
CASE MY.CMD = dasExamplesCustomerCurrency; * For a customer with given CCY 

MY.FIELDS = 'CUSTOMER'

MY.OPERANDS = 'EQ' 

MY.DATA = THE.ARGS<1> 

MY.JOINS = 'AND' 

MY.FIELDS<2> = 'CURRENCY' 

MY.OPERANDS<2> = 'EQ' 

MY.DATA<2> = THE.ARGS<2>
Caching Query Results

The DAS infrastructure allows the caching of results by setting:
ADD.TO.CACHE = 1

Once the query results have been returned, they are added to the cache mechanism and further invocation of the named select will always use the cached results. The cache must ONLY be used where the result of the query is static at run time, e.g. CATEGORY or COMPANY. Caching must NOT be used where variable data is used in the selection.

Testing the DAS

By invoking the DAS in discover mode, every query that is defined is exercised and dummy query statements are created, though not exercised:

jsh r06 -->TEST.DAS EXAMPLE All interest schedules.

SELECT F.EXAMPLE WITH SCHEDULE.TYPE EQ INTEREST

All schedules with today’s date.

SELECT F.EXAMPLE WITH SCHEDULE.DATE EQ 20060426

All deals with the supplied DEAL.TYPE SELECT F.EXAMPLE WITH DEAL.TYPE EQ ARG1

Deals that have the supplied customer AND the supplied currency

SELECT F.EXAMPLE WITH CUSTOMER EQ ARG1 AND CURRENCY EQ ARG2

jsh r06 -->

Invoking the DAS

The public API for each Data Access Service is the subroutine DAS. For full details, refer to the documentation of that routine. However, here is an example of a DAS being invoked:

$INSERT I_DAS.EB.LOOKUP

THE.ARGS = VIRTUAL.TABLE THE.LIST = DAS.EB.LOOKUP$ITEMS

CALL DAS('EB.LOOKUP', THE.LIST, THE.ARGS,'')
The following user(s) said Thank You: mohancute

More
3 years 4 months ago #23140 by hitman-hack
Replied by hitman-hack on topic Usage of DAS routines
Hello buddy!

could you share me that PDF called "T24 Application Development"? im a trinee and <i'm trying to understand everything about applications.

my email is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Thanks!!

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds