× Discuss on Template programming, jBASE programming, Enquiries, No-File enquiry, Enquiry routines, Version, Version routines, Menus, Abbriviations, Creating local reference fields, Fast path enquiries, Creating charts and graphs, Generating Reports, Deal slips, Straight through processing, Multi Company and Multi Book setup, Tabbed screens, Composite Screens, T24 API, etc...

LOCAL REFERENCE FIELDS

• Darcy
  • Topic Author
More
16 years 9 months ago #575 by Darcy
LOCAL REFERENCE FIELDS was created by Darcy

I am currently working in a T24 implementation where the CUSTOMER application has 100 local reference fields. I have never seen so many local reference fields. Is this normal? What are the disadvantages?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 9 months ago #576 by malai
Replied by malai on topic We have 160+
Hi Darcy,

We have more than 160 local reference fields in our CUSTOMER file.

The only disadvantage is the performance. This will bring down the performance of all the jQL statements.

My advice is to create a seperate local file and keep all your local reference fields in that file. And create a new VERSION for CUSTOMER file to update the local file.

_________

More
16 years 9 months ago #577 by Spiderman
Replied by Spiderman on topic Hi
Hi,

I hope creating a new local table will not be a great solution from the business users side, because they cannot see the local reference fields in any of the CUSTOMER version.

Though from technical point of view, keeping a separate local development and a local reference field in CUSTOMER is same. It not same as far as the users are concerned.

Great power comes with great responsibilities.

• Darcy
  • Topic Author
More
16 years 9 months ago #578 by Darcy
Replied by Darcy on topic Remove Local Reference

I've found out there are some local reference fields in CUSTOMER which are not used anymore. Is there a procedure to remove them? If so please help me.

Thanks.

More
16 years 9 months ago #579 by Ramya
Replied by Ramya on topic Hi
Hi,

Local reference fields once created cannot be removed, but you can change it to Not Used to indicate that those are no more in use.

In future, when you want to create a new local referecne fields, you can reuse the Not used field.

Regards,

Ramya

If you don?t have a smile, I will give you one of mine | www.smile.org.in

More
16 years 9 months ago #580 by rajuvrajan
Replied by rajuvrajan on topic You can do it!!!!!!!!!
You can remove the local reference fields from Globus. Just that you will have to use a routine. It cannot be done directly at the application level. The routine should remove the link to the local ref from all the applications where it's been used and convert the data accordingly.

Finally, do not forget to take a backup before u venture into doing this.

Cheers,

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds