× Discuss on Template programming, jBASE programming, Enquiries, No-File enquiry, Enquiry routines, Version, Version routines, Menus, Abbriviations, Creating local reference fields, Fast path enquiries, Creating charts and graphs, Generating Reports, Deal slips, Straight through processing, Multi Company and Multi Book setup, Tabbed screens, Composite Screens, T24 API, etc...

Enrichment not shown

• assiddiqui
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
3 years 3 months ago #23130 by assiddiqui
Enrichment not shown was created by assiddiqui
Hi,

I need to develop Employers Name setup for Customers; to achieve this i have used existing field of EMPLOYERS.NAME of CUSTOMER; i have created local application with all Employers name, created an Enquiry and attached it as DROP.DOWN field in Version with EMPLOYERS.NAME field of Customer. When i edit or create new Customer and select Employers name from dropdown it will show enrichment but on validation or after committing the record enrichment is not shown however the value selected from dropdown is available. Please suggest.

Will really appreciate if someone will suggest the better way/solution that how to setup Employers Name setup in T24.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• VK
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Globus|G09-G13 TAFC|R05-R23 TAFJ|R19,R23-test
More
3 years 3 months ago #23131 by VK
Replied by VK on topic Enrichment not shown
Hi
the enrichment will be shown if EMPLOYERS.NAME had in SS a SYS.REL.FILE pointing to your local table... but it's not a good way to try to amend system fields in SS.

If you used a local field for this purpose you could set it up in LOCAL.TABLE, field APPLICATION.VET.

But I believe that it's better to use existing field.
You can simulate "enrichment" with I-Descriptor - output it to the right of the field data.

BTW, using DROP.DOWN you can accidentally enter a value that is absent in your local table - it's used to facilitate input but no checks are performed.

Cheers
VK

• assiddiqui
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
3 years 3 months ago #23132 by assiddiqui
Replied by assiddiqui on topic Enrichment not shown
HI,
Thanks for prompt response. I understand that it can be done through LOCAL.TABLE with APPLICATION.VET field and I am totally agreed what you have mentioned and want to utilize same field i.e. EMPLOYERS.NAME available in CUSTOMER.

Can you please give an example to simulate "enrichment" with I-Descriptor?
Secondly, how can i perform check to restrict value if not available in DROP.DOWN of local table.

• VK
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
3 years 3 months ago #23134 by VK
Hi
what's your platform? R?? TAFC/TAFJ? Browser/Desktop?

Cheers
VK

• silvergem
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • TAFC|R12/R13, TAFJ|R20
More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #23135 by silvergem
Replied by silvergem on topic Enrichment not shown

HI,
Thanks for prompt response. I understand that it can be done through LOCAL.TABLE with APPLICATION.VET field and I am totally agreed what you have mentioned and want to utilize same field i.e. EMPLOYERS.NAME available in CUSTOMER.

The enrichment value is not retained since it was only appear upon on-click event on web browsers. I hope they already fixed this on Latest Release or you can add an custom javascript that after load of Version, It will call the enrichment function on specified field

Secondly, how can i perform check to restrict value if not available in DROP.DOWN of local table.

You can set the Version field DISPLAY.TYPE to Dropdown.noinput, this will prevent the user to encode or input values. Although you can still paste values LOL
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by silvergem.

• assiddiqui
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
3 years 3 months ago #23137 by assiddiqui
Replied by assiddiqui on topic Enrichment not shown
R08. Browser

• VK
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #23141 by VK

trying to answer with the text shown on an attachment,,,

"Your message has been considered spam".. WTF?

Cheers
VK
Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by VK.

Time to create page: 0.205 seconds