× Discuss on Template programming, jBASE programming, Enquiries, No-File enquiry, Enquiry routines, Version, Version routines, Menus, Abbriviations, Creating local reference fields, Fast path enquiries, Creating charts and graphs, Generating Reports, Deal slips, Straight through processing, Multi Company and Multi Book setup, Tabbed screens, Composite Screens, T24 API, etc...

Execute VIEW &HOLD&>REPORT.ID in NOFILE Enquiry

• eyesark
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 7 months ago #22877 by eyesark
How can we execute the functionality "VIEW &HOLD&>REPORT.ID" in NOFILE Enquiry; Normally, this can be triggered in Enquiry Drill down, but I want to trigger it in the nofile enquiry routine itself.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• silvergem
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • TAFC|R12/R13, TAFJ|R20
More
3 years 7 months ago #22881 by silvergem
Replied by silvergem on topic Execute VIEW &HOLD&>REPORT.ID in NOFILE Enquiry
you can just output the report id from nofile and map the field on drilldown enquiry at browser

• eyesark
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 7 months ago #22882 by eyesark
As I specified in the initial post, I know I can do a drill down but that is not what I want to do. Thanks all the same

• silvergem
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • TAFC|R12/R13, TAFJ|R20
More
3 years 7 months ago #22884 by silvergem
In the nofile it is easy to read the file using f.read. Nofile enquiry is still enquiry, the source is came from routine.

Why? aare u going to execute that inside the routine or on browser level?

Explain your requirement very clearly

• eyesark
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 7 months ago #22886 by eyesark
Ok, here is the requirement: I need to execute some OFS while doing drill down. So, my solution is to use a NOFILE enquiry; in the nofile, i can do my OFS. But then how do I simulate the drill down functionality that is activated by doing VIEW &HOLD&>REPORT.ID in the nofile?
ENQ 1: has the report.id; I want to do drill down to ENQ 2 (a nofile routine which also executes some OFS), which should open the report in the VIEW &HOLD&>REPORT.ID fashion.

• silvergem
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • TAFC|R12/R13, TAFJ|R20
More
3 years 7 months ago #22893 by silvergem
What is the relation of using OFS on NOFILE? Kindly remember NOFILE is an custom code so you can generate report on enquiry with multiple sources (in the nofile enquiry code) and flexible additional logic

Is the OFS will be executed when you wan to click the drilldown or during generation of report using the enquiry?

Also please take note that you can pass value from enquiry to enquury or enquiry to version or version to enquiry using !CURRENT variables available in drill-down enquiry

After you done some validations on ofs on your nofile, you will still output this values per row, then the enquiry will display this results per row which you can assign on enquiry variable then assign on drilldown enquiry

More
3 years 5 months ago #23080 by AchLar12
I want to create a NOF enquiry that lists by agency the CHQ present by CHQ type and value the results are from 2 different tables
TAB1> AGENCE
TAB1>CHQ.TYPE
TAB2> VAL.CHQ
TAB1> TOT.CHEQ
Can someone help me?

• silvergem
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • TAFC|R12/R13, TAFJ|R20
More
3 years 5 months ago #23081 by silvergem
Have u tried to code before?

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds