× Discuss on Template programming, jBASE programming, Enquiries, No-File enquiry, Enquiry routines, Version, Version routines, Menus, Abbriviations, Creating local reference fields, Fast path enquiries, Creating charts and graphs, Generating Reports, Deal slips, Straight through processing, Multi Company and Multi Book setup, Tabbed screens, Composite Screens, T24 API, etc...

T24 Browser not clearing Local Multi-Value field

• alexp2005
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 1 month ago #22628 by alexp2005
Hi All,

I am working in a routine that populates a list containing customer documents, based on the sector. To hold the list, I created a local multi-value field and did sector as a hot field linked to the routine. So, each time I change the sector, the document list is supposed to be refreshed. It is working properly when I am creating the record, but I am having problems when going to maintain the customer data. Let me explain with a dummy example below:

Lets suppose I created a customer with sector 1234 and it contains 5 documents. The list is correctly created and populated as below:
Document.1 - A
Document.2 - B
Document.3 - C
Document.4 - D
Document.5 - E

So, I call this record to maintain the sector and I change it from 1234 to 5678. So, the list must be refreshed to contain the documents linked to sector 5678. Lets say in this case we have only 2 documents X and Y. List is also displayed correctly in the screen as below ((just to be clear, when I am going to re-populate the list, I am clearing the local field by performing the command R.NEW(EB.CUS.LOCAL.REF)<1,Y.POS.DOC> = '' where y.pos.doc is the position for local field):
Document.1 - X
Document.2 - Y

But at this point, when I click to validate the record, T24 is refreshing the list with 3 additional values (that is part of the original record). So, it is refreshing the list by itself as below:
Document.1 - X
Document,2 - Y
Document.3 - C
Document.4 - D
Document.5 - E

As part of my routine I can't allow T24 to re-do the list on validation, since business could insert additional elements. So, I am doing the return in case message is equal VAL.
By doing this, I can ensure that my routine is not including the additional elements and I am receiving it from T24 as soon as my routine is called during validation.

The whole process is working properly in classic. This issue is happening only in browser. I created a log file to display the R,NEW and R.OLD list at the moment that routine is called. During the validation i have it in document list local field:

In Classic:
R.OLD: A\B\C\D\E
R.NEW: X\Y

In Browser:
R.OLD: A\B\C\D\E
R.NEW: X\Y\C\D\E

We are working in R15.

Please let me know if someone encountered a similar issue before and any clue on how I can resolve it would be more than welcome.

Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds