× Discuss on Template programming, jBASE programming, Enquiries, No-File enquiry, Enquiry routines, Version, Version routines, Menus, Abbriviations, Creating local reference fields, Fast path enquiries, Creating charts and graphs, Generating Reports, Deal slips, Straight through processing, Multi Company and Multi Book setup, Tabbed screens, Composite Screens, T24 API, etc...

TAFJ/Linux/java.lang.ClassNotFoundException

• arslan
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 10 months ago #21787 by arslan
Hey guys,

Hope you are doing great. I have read the similar question through the forum but couldnt find any solution and since they were old, maybe now there might be a solution for the problem. So here it comes;

I have an external jar that I coded. We have predefined folder to put those which is linked to CLASSPATH. So, once the jar in the folder then I can run it on the prompt by "java package.name.MainClassName". Till here there is no problem but problem occurs when I try to call other class with the method by using CALLJ and the result is ClassNotFoundException. I really dont get it what else I need to do in order to be able to call that method. Here is how i call,
PROGRAM TEST
     MSG.IN="/home/externalJars" : " " : "this_is_the_message"
    CALLJ "test.PostMessage","message",MSG.IN SETTING ret ON ERROR GOTO errHandler
    MSG.OUT = ret
    RETURN
errHandler:
    MSG.OUT = SYSTEM(0)
CRT MSG.OUT,ret
    RETURN

what am I missing here? any help is appreciated and thanks very much in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• arslan
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 10 months ago #21792 by arslan
Replied by arslan on topic TAFJ/Linux/java.lang.ClassNotFoundException
I thought that TAFC is the bitch one but it seems TAFJ is more bitchy. When you run the applications

tRun CALLJ.APPLICATION.NAME

tRun loads tafj classpath so it doesnt matter whether you defined classpath variable in bash.profile also you need to define TAFJ_EXT_CLASSPATH variable too in order to be able run java application
The following user(s) said Thank You: VK

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds