× Discuss on Template programming, jBASE programming, Enquiries, No-File enquiry, Enquiry routines, Version, Version routines, Menus, Abbriviations, Creating local reference fields, Fast path enquiries, Creating charts and graphs, Generating Reports, Deal slips, Straight through processing, Multi Company and Multi Book setup, Tabbed screens, Composite Screens, T24 API, etc...

How to efficiently select a record from History based on some criteria?

• CryptoGuy
  • Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0

CryptoGuy created the topic: How to efficiently select a record from History based on some criteria?

Hi all,

I've been looking for an efficient way to select a record from history based on some criteria ( e.g select FUNDS.TRASNFER$HIS with DEBIT.THEIR.REFERENCE LK '%SOME.STRING%' )
Is there a way other than SELECT and EB.READLIST?

I've came across F.READ.HISTORY in this forum but this needs to be you knowing the RECORD.ID which I don't know in my case .

Please your ideas on this,thanks a lot.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• VK
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • R13|TAFC|jBASE|windoze
  • Thank you received: 80

VK replied the topic: How to efficiently select a record from History based on some criteria?

Hi
if you use "LK" - probably no way other than SELECT.
For "EQ" you might think of creating an index - under pure jBASE I wouldn't recommend that but under RDBMS it might work.

Cheers
VK

• CryptoGuy
  • Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0

CryptoGuy replied the topic: How to efficiently select a record from History based on some criteria?

Thanks, we have MS SQL server,and my query will certainly use 'LK' , so I think then I have to stick with EB.READLIST.

Time to create page: 0.256 seconds