× Discuss on Template programming, jBASE programming, Enquiries, No-File enquiry, Enquiry routines, Version, Version routines, Menus, Abbriviations, Creating local reference fields, Fast path enquiries, Creating charts and graphs, Generating Reports, Deal slips, Straight through processing, Multi Company and Multi Book setup, Tabbed screens, Composite Screens, T24 API, etc...

WRITESEQ not working for multi-thread routine

• subhashmurali
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 10 months ago #21211 by subhashmurali
WRITESEQ not working for multi-thread routine was created by subhashmurali
Dear All,

I wrote a multi-thread routine to extract data from T24 table and writing to a folder using WRITESEQ. When using multiple agents, all the records are not writing to the file. Whereas with a single agent, it is able to write all records. I can see WRITESEQ is failing to write some records as the message from 'ELSE' part is displayed and some are totally ignored. Appreciate if you could through some light on this issue.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• VK
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Globus:G09-G13|TAFC:R05-R23|TAFJ:R19,R23:test
More
6 years 10 months ago #21212 by VK
Hi
I afraid WRITESEQ is not very secure way to be used while concurrently writing to a text file. Instead you can create several files (one per agent) and then concatenate them. The other solution would be to write to a hashed jBASE file concurrently by different agents (be sure that ID of this file contains unique agent identifier - like TNO). Then you can convert this hashed file to a text one (and this could be even faster than the first approach).

Cheers
VK
The following user(s) said Thank You: subhashmurali

• subhashmurali
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 10 months ago #21213 by subhashmurali
Replied by subhashmurali on topic WRITESEQ not working for multi-thread routine
Thanks VK, appreciate it.

Time to create page: 0.100 seconds