× Discuss on Template programming, jBASE programming, Enquiries, No-File enquiry, Enquiry routines, Version, Version routines, Menus, Abbriviations, Creating local reference fields, Fast path enquiries, Creating charts and graphs, Generating Reports, Deal slips, Straight through processing, Multi Company and Multi Book setup, Tabbed screens, Composite Screens, T24 API, etc...

excel macro scripting

More
16 years 3 months ago #1046 by macro
excel macro scripting was created by macro

Hi all,

I need to write an excel macro script to update records in globus.

I have refered the sample scripts and managed to write a script to input records in globus.But what i need is to identify if the record already exits or if its a new record.can any one please provide me such a script in VB which will identify if the record is an existing one or new record?

Thanks,

Samatha.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 3 months ago #1047 by malai
Replied by malai on topic Try this
I am not sure whether this approach will work.

Write a main line routine to check the given record is exists or not. Then before doing your actual transaction, call this main line routine and decide.

Thanks

More
16 years 3 months ago #1048 by macro
Replied by macro on topic excel macro scripting
Hi Malai.

I got a solution for this.The simple logic i used is to identify if its an existing or new record is to read the value from one of the madatory fields. If the value is null then the record is new one, esle its an existing record.

I would like to try out what you suggested. But how do I call the main line routine from the script?

Thanks.

More
16 years 1 month ago #1049 by jcosta
Replied by jcosta on topic Record Exists??
Hi: may be a little late, but who knows you may need in ths future. Consider this option:

GLOBUSAPP.Func = 'S'
bdat = GLOBUSAPP.IDSet(recid, GLOBUSAPP)
UU = GLOBUSAPP.ID
If UU '' Then
ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1).Value = 'ALREADY EXISTE'
End If

This is a generic code for doing it.

Regards.

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds